RTD currently offers three EcoPass options to meet your unique needs.
- Employer-paid is a simple plan by which an employer pays the entire cost of each EcoPass.
- Employee pre-tax encourages employees to use pre-tax money to purchase each EcoPass, reducing both taxable income and payroll taxes.
- Cost-sharing splits the cost of EcoPass between the employer and employee.
How EcoPass works
- All full-time employees at a company must be included in EcoPass.
- The EcoPass cost is determined by location, available transit, and the number of employees.
- Each employee receives an EcoPass smart card for the entire year. Partipants can submit a photo or visit an RTD location to get their EcoPass photos taken.
Learn more about EcoPass photos »
- All participants, with the exception of downtown Boulder employees, benefit from the Guaranteed Ride Home Program, a free taxi service in the event of unplanned schedule changes, illness, or emergency.
- EcoPass holders pay a $2.50 upcharge for skyRide service to and from DIA. EcoPasses issued by DIA employers are exempt from this fee. No fee is charged when traveling from the Airport Blvd/40th Ave or the Stapleton Park-n-Ride to DIA.
- EcoPass is not valid on special services, including but not limited to Access‑a‑Ride, BroncosRide, BuffRide, RockiesRide, RunRide, Saturday Shopper, and SeniorRide.
More options for corporations
FlexPass is an annual pass program that can be customized to meet the needs of the employer and employees. The program's flexible nature enables employees to choose their service level, vary passes from month-to-month, and enter or leave the program at any time. Plus, it's tax deductible to the employer and provided tax-free to employees.
Employer Pass Outlet Program
We'll train you to create an on-site "RTD sales office" where employees can purchase passes and ticket books. We will deliver them to you each month and you will only be billed for the fare products you have sold.
RTD Transit Vouchers are an excellent way to assist your employees with their commuting needs. Employers can purchase transit vouchers from our approved partner companies: Commuter Check, TranBen, Transit Center, or WageWorks. Vouchers will arrive within two weeks and employees may redeem them at any RTD sales outlet, including King Soopers and Safeway stores.
More pass programs
Please contact us to schedule a visit or transportation fair at your facility, or for more information about the unique benefits of our pass programs